Terrorism Incidents Database Search
The RAND Database of Worldwide Terrorism Incidents is a compilation of data from 1972 through 2009.
We are still collecting data, after 2009, however it has not yet been added to the online database.
Instructions for searching the RDWTI
- Select values on which to subset your search (selecting no values will result in a search of the entire database).
- Select the type of output you want: Incident list, pie chart, or chronological graph.
- Use an Incident List to gather a listing of all records in the database for particular criteria. You can export the incident list you create, and use it within your own statistics software.
- For pie chart, you must select the plot button next to the variable you want plotted.
- For chronological chart, select plot next to "Injuries" or "Fatalities" for cumulative bar charts.
- Press the search button.